Monday 2 February 2015

Casmara Algae Peel Off Mask Review

I'm not usually one for buying a product without doing my research first but this one took me totally by surprise. I entered Boots and my eyes were immediately drawn to a display which had some of their 'Beauty Finds' on being the coveted Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre, but I will talk about that in another post. Next to that was a little display for the Casmara masks which I have never seen before but I always get drawn in by face masks so this was bound to end up in my basket.



I decided to get both the purifying and the hydra mask because those are the issues I suffer with most. I was so intrigued by these because they are peel off (which is always fun) and mainly because of the huge cannister packaging, usually face masks are that big.


So, what's inside of this thing? Well there is quite a lot of product actually in this which is great. There is a purifying serum to apply before and after the mask, sachet 1 which is a powder, sachet 2 which is an extremely thick gel, a spatula, a mixing cup and of course the instructions. As this was my first time using this product I thought it might be best to follow the instructions to a tee.  


So after mixing both sachets this is what you end up with. It is a very good thing that I read the instructions as they told me to mix it within 40 seconds and apply within 5 minutes of mixing because this stuff sets so fast! 


Here I am looking super attractive with my mask on. I can't say that I liked the application of this, It felt like it was a lot of effort and a bit of a faff. Once it's on you do feel a minty tingle much like the Mask of Magnaminty from lush. The instructions did want me to apply this over my mouth and eyes but to be honest I really didn't want to given it's my first time using it. 


So after using this I can't really say if I saw any difference to my skin and for a product that it a one shot, one off I think you kind of should be able to see some difference. One of the massive downsides is that there is so much wastage! I recommend that if you are going to try this you should try it with someone else so you don't feel like you have just set fire to your money. I will try with my other one to see if I can mix partial amounts of the sachets and make it multi use. 
They were £9.99  from Boots which doesn't seem like a lot but remember you are only getting one mask.

I think this will require me testing this out further but as for now I have very mixed feelings on this and probably won't repurchase any time soon. 

Have you tried Casmara masks? What do you think?

Speak soon,
Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)