Sunday 18 May 2014

The Lip Product Addict Tag

This is a tag that was created by Amelia Liana and Estee (Essiebutton) and it is all about lip products (not super obvious)! 
If you want to see their video then I have linked it here

I was going to do this as a video but I wanted to post it sooner rather than later and I had issues with filming it. Anyway I am just going to crack on with this instead of rambling! 


1. Favourite balm/treatment?

Balms are my best friends, I have a bit of a love affair with them it's safe to say. It's not that I ever suffer from particularly dry or chapped lips but I know that I like my lips to feel moisturised. When it comes to my favourite I like to use Blistex cold sore treatment, I know it sounds strange but this stuff is seriously amazing. Obviously known for it's cold sore treating and preventing properties but it is also great for moisturising and this is an excellent multi-tasker, if they started making tinted versions then I would but their entire stock! 


2. Best eye-catching red?

I don't have that many red lip products as it but the ones I have I carefully chose because I think that red is a big commitment especially if you're not used to wearing it. My favourite definitely has to be MAC Russian Red, it's similar to Ruby Woo but has a slightly deeper tone to it which to me makes it a little more wearable. It also isn't as drying as Ruby Woo as it is a standard matte finish instead of a retro matte which seem to be especially drying. 


3. Best luxury & best drugstore?

Now everyone knows that drugstore lipsticks can be absolute gems and I have to say that my favourite so far is the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Elusive. This is just a very pretty pinky nude that is also nice and moisturising despite being matte and it has a minty smell which is also good :) 

My favourite luxury is without a doubt the Dior Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm (The original pink one). I love this because if you are in a hurry and you don't particularly have time to take too much care with your lipstick then this is so ideal, it's a sheer balm that when applied changes depth of pink depending on your skins pH levels. For me this shows up fairly light but I know on others it can come up bright pink. Not only does it look good but it is also quite nourishing and smells like sweet mint and vanilla or chocolate not sure but it's delicious smelling. 


4. Best MAC lipstick?

Hands down Creme Cup. This is the perfect balance between pink and nude so it doesn't ever look out of place. It works with all skin tones from what I have seen and obviously has the delicious MAC smell. This is a cremesheen finish which I wasn't really used to and to be honest it isn't my favourite finish but it means it's a bit more hydrating that other MAC lipsticks. 


5. The most disappointing?

MUA Shade 5. I got this as a present and as much as I love to sing praises about make up I get as presents it's just not possible, there's bound to be something I won't like. The colour was the first thing I didn't like - It's a very sheer, chunky glittered, juvenile baby pink (not me at all). It didn't sit well on the lips or feel that nice and the lipstick snapped when I swatched it on my hand (I didn't apply too much pressure or push the lipstick up that much!) so I kind of avoid MUA lipsticks which is a shame because I am sure there are some lovely ones out there.


6. Liner - yes or no?

Depends. If I am wearing dark lipstick I want to take every precaution possible to ensure that my lippy is going to look neat, stay in place and last a long time. Nude lips I tend not to bother because I don't feel like I'm in any danger wearing it haha!


7. Best gloss?

I don't wear that many glosses but my favourite by far has to be Urban Decay Naked Ultra Nourishing Lipgloss in Nooner. It took me ages to decide which colour to go for and I chose this one because it has no glitter and it's more of a nude than a pink. This has a strange but nice smell and the applicator is nice too, it's a bit of an elongated doe foot which isn't anything special but it's not messy and applies a good amount of product.  


8. Something extra!

Difficult to choose but it will have to be another treatment and it's the Elf Lip Exfoliator. I love this stuff, it comes in a lipstick tube and you apply it as though it is one, it has a rough surface that just helps to get rid of rough edges on your lips. It also smells like vanilla and is made with sugar so it's pretty tasty too!



So that is the end of the questions and I really hope that you enjoyed this tag. I'm not tagging anyone specifically because I think everyone should have a go at this. If you do give this a try then I would love to read/ watch it so comment your link below :)

Speak soon
Roo xx

5 comments:

  1. i love tag posts.. this is a great one.. i literally love all lipsticks but im not a huge fan of glosses as i dont like the stickyness. id love it if youd comment back http://amyelizabethfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/all-aboard-boohoo-bus.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have too may glosses tbh because of that reason, I like to wear my hair down and the thought of my hair getting stuck to my lips is awful haha :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's seriously good stuff! Probably better than most lip balms I've tried :)

      Delete
  3. I have Macs Russian Red and its definitely my favourite red I love the blue undertones to it too

    New follower on blogluvin

    Carrieanne xx
    http://beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)