Thursday 29 May 2014

Lancome La Base Pro Primer Review

I feel totally obsessed with primers and more specifically finding the ultimate holy grail product. It's a difficult task and I think that the more you try the more you realise that primers are really a personal thing it the sense that what works for you might not work for someone else. We all have different preferences when it comes to primers but enough rambling, here's another review! 



I am in love with Lancome's packaging! (Have I mentioned that before?). This product is no exception to the love, the bottle is made out of glass and has a really nice thick heavy expensive feel about it. The bottle also has a frosted finish which I think shows the effect that the product is going to potentially have (mattifying?), maybe I'm just getting carried away here. This is also has a pump which I love because it makes it a lot easier to control the amount of product you get and it's also really hygienic. 



 This comes out perfectly clear and I have to say a little bit goes a long way! I wouldn't say this has a mattifying finish but does help minimise pores and leaves you skin feeling incredibly smooth. 

I have used this both on myself and my mum when I did her make up which you can see here. I found the application great of both skin types but I think that it was better on more mature skin than mine. I felt that though I like the primer it wasn't what I was looking for in finish. My mum however loved it and on inspection (haha sounds serious) the foundation had stayed put for a good 6+ hours without melting or shifting in any way. 

This does come in at a hefty £28.50 and you get 25ml of product. I know that doesn't seem like a lot to justify the price but I reckon you use a lot less of this than you would of most other primers. But as always, be sure to do your research. 


Have you tried this? What do you think?

Speak soon
Roo xx

1 comment:

  1. I haven't tried it, and I probably won't thanks to your review. I'd be looking for something to keep me matte as I have somewhat oily skin. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼

    ReplyDelete

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)