Tuesday 20 May 2014

#BloggersDoItBetter - Spring Trends

This post was a little difficult to choose. I see trends pop up everywhere but it was difficult to decide what to write about in the end. The route I have decide to go down is going to be bright lips!

Bright lips are a massive trend at the moment and I personally think it is a really difficult trend to pull off so I thought I would write about a few simple steps you can take to make sure your bright lips are rockin'! 
Here we go!


Step 1. Choose a bright

This can be such a difficult thing to do especially if it's out of your comfort zone. Generally the rule is if you have cool undertones in your skin you should stick to blue based colours and if you have warm tones then go for orange based. If you are neutral then you can get away with everything! To be honest, I think that if you want to wear a colour then you should just go for it - confidence plays a massive part in your ability to pull something off. Then it's all up to you what colour you choose.


Step 2. Lip treatment

I can't stress how important it is to take good care of your lips.
It's pretty bad when you see someone with bright/dark lipstick on and all you can focus on it the dry chapped surface. I recommend using a lip scrub night and also a lip balm in the morning and evening. Really you can't over do it with lip balm so I'd try and carry one around with you whenever you can. This will all create a flawless surface for your lipstick. 


Step 3. Lip Liner

Totally optional but I have found that when I wear bright lips I prefer to wear a liner as it helps make the product better wearing and longer lasting. It's also great to prevent colour bleeding but if your lipstick doesn't tend to do that then liners not so necessary. Still I find that I can create clean lines with a liner before applying lipstick and looking neat is key. 


Step 4. Concealer

Again an optional step and not really necessary if you applied you lipstick neatly in the first place but using concealer around the lips after applying your lip products can neaten everything up and make the lines look crisp and sharp.


Those are my top tips but mainly just be confident with it :)
I hope you enjoyed this post

Speak soon
Roo xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)