Wednesday 16 April 2014

The Drugstore Edit #12: Maybelline SuperStay 10Hr Tint Gloss

So this post is coming very late, I have been without internet most of the day and to be honest I have been feeling a little down. Regardless, this weeks product is not new by any sense of the definition but I think it's something that needs a bit more recognition. I'm talkin' 'bout Maybelline SuperStay 10Hr Tint Gloss.



I'm not entirely certain how long exactly this has been around for but I think that if you want to get into lip stains then this is a great place to start. The formula is pretty amazing, it's nicely pigmented and very buildable so if you don't want a lot of colour then you can have that and conversely if you want a really deep adnd ich colour then you can also have that. 

I just also want to take a moment to talk about the smell of this. This has to be one of the most incredible smelling lip products I have ever tried. It is very sweet and has a bit of a berry thing going on and it just smells so syrupy and like you could drink the stuff. 


The wand is also quite unique, I won't dwell on it long but this is sort of a loop applicator which I'm not sure quite what the benefits are. I can guess that the loop might be sized in a way that it holds extra product and reduces the amount of times you need to dip into the tube therefore making your product last longer. I do like the applicator but I would warn that you should be careful because it is a little chunky so isn't the most precise of applicators.


 Of course I had to get this in the colour Endless Ruby (duhh!) but I would say that this is a medium build application where I have applied about 3 coats though I could have made this even darker or left it lighter. 

The good thing about this is that unlike other lip stains/tints it doesn't bleed. This means that you don't end up with a fuzzy looking lip line and everything stays nice and sharp. 

The only downside is that whilst this says that it is 10Hr wear I am dubious to believe it, probably because I have never worn it for that long and the fact that it takes so long to dry! Literally I would say that if you want the best results out of this then you should apply it when you aren't going to eat or drink anything in the next 2-3 hours. 

This is also very inexpensive at £6.99 and I believe there are 5 shades available at Boots but I think that there might be a few more either in other stores or in other countries. 

Like I say, I totally recommend this to anyone and everyone because I think lip tints should be a make up collection essential. 

Have you tried this? What do you think? Also, what are your current favourite lip tints?

Speak soon 
Roo xx

3 comments:

  1. This shade looks so nice, and the applicator looks really interesting - I've never seen any like it!

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)