Thursday 24 April 2014

Beauty Smackdown #11: Clinique Almost Lipstick Vs Dior Addict Lip Glow

I feel totally scatterbrained so I apologise if this post is all over the shop.
I'll be upfront about this post, this is only basing around one aspect of each of these products - the fact they are lip balms but almost lipsticks. 

 (top Dior Addict Lip Glow, bottom Clinique Almost Lipstick)

First up is packaging. Hands down Dior has the nicer packaging, it's fancy, looks expensive and feels expensive. This is a sample of Clinique's Almost Lipstick but even the proper packaging isn't a cute as Dior's, they are a bit straight to the point with theirs, which isn't a bad thing because it focuses on the product itself. 


So as I say, I am focusing on their lip balm properties more than anything else. This is the only colour that Dior offers in this formula as far as I'm aware where as I believe that Clinique has more shades - this is the shade Flirty Honey. 

(left Clinique Almost Lipstick, right Dior Addict Lip Glow)

So when it comes to the formula Clinique has a creamier and definitely more moisturising product and more pigment for me at least. Dior's formula is a little less hydrating but depending on your skin pH will depend on how pigmented is. Also Diors product is also a stain which I think is what dries it out the most. 

So as a lip balm the Clinique is definitely my winner but if you want something with a bit of a fragrance and want the colour to stick around then Dior is where it's at. 

Clinique Almost Lipstick retails for £17.00 for 1.9g of product and Dior Addict Lip Glow costs around £23.50 for 3.5g of product. Pound for pound you get more for your money from Dior. 

Have you tried either of these? What do you think?

Speak soon 
Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)