Saturday 15 February 2014

I Felt A Shop Coming On and Did Something About It

Yes it is Valentine's Day and to be honest I'm not fussed by it. I have someone but we don't celebrate it, not to mention he works on Fridays. So I spent my day with someone in the same situation!

So I went out with Catherine (Her blog -> http://bigbookssmallgirl.blogspot.co.uk ) today for another glorious shopping trip and I may have treated myself a little but that's ok because I haven't bought anything for a very long time so I am overdue!

Though I did buy a few clothes and a candle I'm not going tot talk about those and I'll just get on with the makeup.

 First up is the Vaseline Spray & Go Moisturiser. I was a little skeptical about this which only made my curiosity stronger. I got the cocoa butter formula because I generally like the smell.

It was £3.99 from Boots as they currently have £1 off :)

I'll keep you updated with my thoughts on this product as well as others featured in this post.

 I gave in and got one of the new Naked Lipgloss thingies. I got this in the colour 'Nooner' which I don't know if it is suposed to be the same as in the Naked 3 palette but given how UD are with keeping the colours the same throughout their makeup then I will assume that it is. I can always check though.

 All of the shades in this collection are very sheer and super neutral. This one has very minimal shimmer so I haven't so far experienced any horrible chunky glitter as the product dried but it could be different in other colours.

This retails for £14 from Urban Decay counters.
 I also have been after a colour correcting primer for a while. Now I could have paid out a fair bit for something that doesn't actually work for me but I got this for the amazing price of £1.99!!

Also it's not a brand I' super familiar with, it's called W7, if anyone has tried this brand before then do you have any recommendations?

 It does feel quite oil based but it does sink into the skin and feel quite silicon- like and smooth. I probably wouldn't recommend this to anyone who has oily skin though, but I will let you know how I get on with it :)
 I was also in need of a new pencil eyeliner, I don't use it all that often but I do like to tightline my eyes.

This is by Collection and I think it was only about £2.49 from Boots
 It is very soft so I'm not sure about the staying power but for the price I can't complain.
 I gave into the hype!

I skirted round this for a while but it's worth trying once right? It feels very silicon like and given the mixed reviews I'm really not sure what I'm going to think of this.

I think I paid £7.99 so it's not unreasonable.
 It is clear and as I said a very silicon- like texture, though I know a lot of people are saying that it's a dupe for the Benefit Porefessional but I think that it's probably closer to being a dupe for the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer purely based on the look and the consistency.
 Again, I went back to Xtras (where I have gotten some great deals and managed to get an OPI nail polish for only £5.99 which is amazing considering they usually retail for £11.50 ish. The only downside was that there wasn't a massive colour selection but I got this one because I don't have anything like it in my collection, it's a sort of olivey- green, which I love.
 Another new-ish release in the beauty world - The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush. If you don't know about it then where on earth have you been!

I love Hourglass packaging and I have wanted to buy something from them for a long time but it's a lot of money (for me at least). So I am officially no longer an Hourglass virgin (Wahooo!!)
I got the Diffused Heat blush and it just looks so amazing, I swatched it as soon as I had my hands on it and it is just so smooth and blendable and soooo pretty!!!
 Haha, when me and Catherine were in Xtras we saw these lucky dip bags and for £1 it's worth a laugh

Essetially you get a mix of 5 things and they are usually very cheap and just novelty.
This is a combination of what Catherine and I got. She took what she wanted from them and then I had a look at the rest.

From this I got the Maybelline nail polish (made my money back, yes!!) one of the hearts, one of the yellow pots, and the browny lipstick. I also got this purple eyeshadow duo which I forgot to put in and I sort of want to try it because I feel like it could be one of those hidden gem products.



That was everything that I got from my little shopping trip :) I hope you enjoyed seeing it all. Keep an eye out for future posts where I will do reviews and first impressions - you know the deal.

Speak soon
Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)